top of page
Dandelion Seeds


Image by Semyon Borisov

Weed Department Services

The Liberty County Weed Department provides the following services:

  • Noxious weed management on public and private lands in Liberty County.

  • Provides noxious weed education and identification.

The Liberty County Weed Department will be out spraying weeds in the county from late May to late August.

Image by Jasmin Schreiber

What is a noxious weed?

Any exotic plant species established or that may be introduced in the state which may render land unfit for agriculture, forestry, livestock, wildlife or other beneficial uses or that may harm native plant communities and that is designated as:

  1. A statewide noxious weed by rule of the Department of Agriculture.

  2. A district noxious weed by a board, following public notice of intent and a public hearing.

Image by Matt Hoffman

Roadside- Hay, Seed, Spray

“What used to be known as a roadside haying permit has expanded to include roadside seeding and spraying in the county road right-of-way. Those wanting to hay, seed or spray on county roadsides must have an approved Haying, Seeding & Spraying agreement on file at the Weed Department. These forms require proof of liability insurance and must be renewed annually.”

Weed Department Supervisor

Jim Ghekiere


Monday - Thursday

7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. 


1354 3360 Road South

Chester, MT 59522



bottom of page